Greek take on Italian Classic Salad

100g cherry toms (piccolo)
Fresh creamy feta cheese
Greek basil
Greek balsamic
Greek orange zest olive oil
Salt pepper

Now that the wind and rains have returned, its hard to recall the delightful Indian summer days we've all been enjoying (yes, even here in the High Peak!). But one lunch, during that golden month of September, I concocted a slightly Greek take on an Italian classic - the tomato and mozarella salad. I had the tomatoes, but the Mozarella had gone off so instead I used the fresh, soft, creamy feta cheese I had acquired at the Chatsworth Country Fair. I also, most conveniently, had a Greek basil plant about my person, purchased at Waitrose

All I had to do was strip the tomatoes from their stalk, roughly slice and dice the feta, scatter the basil leaves on top and drizzle with the Greek balsamic and orange zest flavoured Greek olive oil which we brought back from our Greek sailing holiday in July. Twist of salt and pepper and voila - or whatever they say in Greece! Flavour, texture and colour heaven. 


Comments

Popular Posts